Following the latest government lockdown announcement, we will not be opening our car parks at weekends until it is lifted. Clearly the beach will still be accessible so people can exercise their right to exercise for 1 hour a day in line with government guidelines. Non-essential shops are now closed and with most of the parking restrictions lifted in the village and Marine Drive car park being left open then there should be sufficient parking in and around the village. We feel this is the right thing to do to protect our community.
The RNLI announced their withdrawal from the beaches at the end of October. They are continuing to urge anyone planning to visit the coast to make sure they keep themselves and their families safe by following beach safety advice. Anyone planning a visit to the coast should remember to:
- Have a plan - check the weather forecast, tide times and read local hazard signage
- Keep a close eye on your family – on the beach and in the water
- Don’t allow your family to swim alone
- Don’t use inflatables
- If you fall into the water unexpectedly, FLOAT TO LIVE. Fight your instinct to thrash around, lean back, extend your arms and legs, and Float
- In an emergency dial 999, and ask for the Coastguard