The end of lockdown 2 means that our Esplanade car park will return to its usual winter weekend opening hours from Saturday 5th December 2020. This coincides with the re-opening of non-essential shops in line with the policy we adopted exiting the first lockdown.
The RNLI announced their withdrawal from the beaches last week. They are continuing to urge anyone planning to visit the coast to make sure they keep themselves and their families safe by following beach safety advice. Anyone planning a visit to the coast should remember to:
- Have a plan - check the weather forecast, tide times and read local hazard signage
- Keep a close eye on your family – on the beach and in the water
- Don’t allow your family to swim alone
- Don’t use inflatables
- If you fall into the water unexpectedly, FLOAT TO LIVE. Fight your instinct to thrash around, lean back, extend your arms and legs, and Float
- In an emergency dial 999, and ask for the Coastguard